Monday, January 3, 2011

All things

I was enjoying a verse from Proverbs 28 this morning, that goes, "Evil men understand not judgment: but they that seek the Lord understand all things."  It's sort of a surprising verse to read, being that is says that they that seek the Lord will understand everything.

All things?  Seriously?  I don't know about you guys, but the ability to understand all things would come in mighty handy now and again.  I'm pretty sure that through our relationship with the Lord we understand what we need to for a fulfilled life in Him, but it's interesting to think that if we truly sought the Lord He would show us all things.

Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: for every one that asketh receiveth: and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.  Matthew 7:7, 8

2 comments:

sonflower said...

i think it's referring more to "perspective" rather than literally all things. Sorry to burst your bubble.
Nice seeing you and your family last week!
(Heather from Richmond)

Little Jo Sleep said...

When I was writing this I was thinking that I really needed to articulate more what I was thinking, because I wasn't getting it across very well. This is what happens when I don't sleep enough! I fully recognize that the Lord isn't just going to show us everything if we seek Him, but when you read verses like Colossians 1:26 and 27 about God making known the riches of the glory of the mystery of Christ being in us, it makes me wonder how much more we'd understand if we (code word: I) spent more time with Christ, studying the word, etc. Personally, I know there's a lot I don't know, but it's there to be known, if only I'd take the time to look into it!

Great seeing you, too!