Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pinterest win. Pwin?



As I mentioned last time, I cleaned the house a lot recently.  I've been told by more than one person that "When you get married and have your own house to clean it's different--it's way more satisfying."  Well, quite frankly, I enjoy cleaning our house.  I feel like having your own that you have to keep clean might feel like drudgery, so cleaning our house for my parents actually feels more like something I enjoy doing than something I have to do.  But either way, it's the only house I have to clean right now, so my experience is limited.

Anyhow, I'd seen something on Pinterest (I've mentioned this site before--it's a social networking-type site that I'm on that allows you to share photos/information/random stuff with your friends, as well as keeping things accessible for your viewing pleasure) about the cleaning of tubs.  I'll link to the website that explains how to do it rather than linking to a random pin.

The thing I saw said that if you mixed equal parts white vinegar and Dawn soap and sprayed it on your tub, it would basically clean itself.  So I figured, well, I don't actually enjoy cleaning tubs, and if I can somehow work it out where my tub cleans itself, I'm there.

Friends?  THIS WORKED.  (Which, of course, makes me sad that I didn't take photos of my own tub for the before and after, but I just couldn't be bothered.)  I mixed it together, I ended up warming it up in the microwave first, I don't remember why, and then I sprayed my tub, walked away for an hour to clean the kitchen cupboards, and came back to wipe the tub down and it was so ridiculously clean it was amazing.  Seriously.  I cannot gush enough about the miracle of this stuff.

Honestly, the next time somebody asks, "So, what sort of things do you like?" I will probably answer, "Oh, the usual.  Sunshine.  The Phantom Tollbooth.  The comfortable silence between friends.  Reuben sandwiches.  My miracle tub cleaner."


It's on the list.  It is that good.


So anyhow, it doesn't work for absolutely everything, I discovered, but for tubs, it is my go-to product.  If you dislike cleaning tubs (or even if you enjoy it--why waste your time doing it?  Honestly?) just trust me on this.  Vinegar+Dawn soap=best ever.


Now I feel like an infomercial.  


But I can't help it.


It's just that amazing.

2 comments:

Firefly said...

Cleaning your own house is a mix between extreme satisfaction and drudgery (and I have a problem with cleaning. I used to clean certain cousin's rooms for FUN). Also, I'm now going to try the tub cleaner. Though... they don't have Dawn here. Perhaps it will work with other dish soap.... or I'll continue with my baking soda and diluted vinegar spray to take mold and scum off. It just requires more scrubbing than I like.

Little Jo Sleep said...

Cleaning the room for that cousin of yours is wildly satisfying. I do that too, from time to time. : )

I don't know if it'll work with Not Dawn. Dawn is, in fact, that magical stuff that cleans oil off of birds and stuff, so maybe there's something extra special in it. I hope it works for you, though, because it is AMAZING!