Thursday, December 8, 2011

Barber shop

I am not a professional hair cutter.  In fact, I don't think that it's even proper grammar to call one's self a hair cutter.  Barber?  Stylist?  Cosmetologist?  I have no idea.  However, I do cut my dad's hair, and my brother's.  My dad needed a haircut about two weeks ago, which I happily administered, and my brother decided on Monday that he needed one, too.  Legit.  He totally did.

So I cut his hair, and then gave my mom a trim, and then I cut my own bangs (sadly, nobody in my house is a hair cutter).  Three heads of hair in an evening.  Nice.  The following day my sister showed up from out of town and I cut her hair, too, and then my aunt came over and I cut her hair as well.
An awful picture of me attempting a haircut


It made me laugh to realize I'd cut so much hair in such a short amount of time.  Five heads?  For a girl who really doesn't have much experience with the cutting of hair?  Anyhow, everyone seemed marginally happy when all was said and done, so I was thinking maybe I'd open up a hair salon or something!  Just kidding.

Anyhow, as I was looking in my trashcan full of hair, I wouldn't help but consider Absalom.  I mean, seriously, what was he doing with all that hair?  HOW DID IT GROW SO FAST?  I could donate to Locks of Love all the time with hair like that!  Sigh.



No comments: