Thursday, November 13, 2014

Random facts

Have you ever tried to think of a random fact about yourself?  I mean, really, pause for a second and think, "if someone asked me for a random fact about me or my life what would I say?"

It's hard, actually.

For work right now we're doing a contest where people are offered a random fact about each one of us employees and they have to sort out whose fact belongs to which employee.  It's been funny to see people try to figure it out.  But as funny as it is, it doesn't change the fact that thinking of a fact on cue is really, really hard!

It also doesn't change the fact that everyone is guessing the wrong fact for me.  Amidst things like, "dated the Red Power Ranger," and "taught school in the Czech Republic," and "received a paycheck from Donald Trump," is one that goes, "was class Valedictorian," and another, "I once met Apolo Ohno."

Guys, 1) I was homeschooled, 2) I'm not that smart.  But I read books constantly, which someone makes people assume that I was Valedictorian.  Now me and the person who was ACTUALLY the Valedictorian both have a complex.  Me, because it's reinforcing that I wasn't smart enough, and her because literally NOBODY has guessed her as the valedictorian.

Options for guessing

And yes, I met Apolo Ohno.  At a Borders & Books.  When Borders was still a store, which dates the event quite significantly.

But anyhow, what random fact can you think about yourself?

(By the way, once I reached my fact I ended up using I thought of a ton of strange things I could have said.  It just took me forever to start thinking of things!  Also, it's a great dinner time conversation starter!)

No comments: