Monday, December 14, 2009

Deck the halls

Ah, Christmas. I don't really like Christmas. Mostly, people are busy and frazzled and in a hurry. Plus, shopping (which I already dislike) is a mess. Everyone, it seems, wants to be shopping. Long lines, impatient people, sales that aren't that good... Not so exciting.

I've been feeling at least mildly jolly, I guess. There's been a lot of stuff going on recently (two of my friends died this weekend, if that's any indication), so I haven't been crazily excited about everything, but I have a lot to be thankful for.

Christmas music at work has been a little difficult to get used to. Usually I like to get in the car on a snowy day and hear Christmas music. This year? I hear Christmas music for 8 1/2 hours a day (yeah, they play it in the lunch room, too) and when I get in the car I'm not that inclined to listen to more. So I've been hearing some less seasonal sounds in the car, which is fine, but odd.

Dude, working has benefits--besides the money and connections. =) I can't even tell you how many people have brought us Christmas treats here at the office. We just got our third one today! My boss got a ham, but I don't count that as a treat, since it is neither sweet nor will I be partaking of it.

Anyhow, I have no idea what I was really here to say. And I'm not trying to be super down on the season but OH MY GOODNESS IF I HEAR THIS SONG ONE MORE TIME I WILL IMPLODE! OK, I don't know about anybody else, but the song "Last Christmas I gave you my heart, the very next day you gave it away, etc" was fine maybe once or twice. Six times a day is NOT cool, since it is pointless and lame.

I see a wooden rocking horse in the camera here at work. What tomfoolery is this? I must go investigate.

Over and out.

No comments: