Thursday, September 1, 2011

Addictions

I always was pleased that I wasn't addicted to coffee or sniffing sharpies or anything like that.  Honestly, I feel like addictions are something I can do without.  But the other day, as I surveyed my many library cards (six in my wallet at last count, and yes, I use them all) I wondered if you could have an addiction to library cards.  Or libraries.  Is that possible?

I think I may have to rethink my position on reading and/or books.  Maybe I should take a reading break.  I've taken those before with success and felt more productive for it, but still, I like my half hour (erm... 45 minutes?  an hour?) of reading before I go to bed.  And I know that one day, Lord willing, I'll be a crazy busy mom who doesn't have time for such luxuries, so doesn't it make sense that I read while I may?

I must needs give this some thought.

PS, this wasn't purposeful at all, but as I write this I happen to be sitting at the library.  Good times...

No comments: