Friday, March 20, 2009

Discoveries, of a sort

So last Friday, I guess it was, was when I realized Google Chrome was in existence, so I was like, "Oh hey, I don't want to forget about it" so I came to blogger here and typed a little sentence and apparently typed "Publish Post" instead of "Save Now" like I had thought.

Which is why, when I came back on Monday and turned it into an actual post instead of just a surprised phrase, it said the post was from Friday. How crazy is that? That's hilarious, if I had some crazy controversial blog (slash widely-read) it would be beautiful to post something on a subject one day, and then go back and change it to be the opposing view on the same subject, but it would still be marked from the day I originally posted it, so people would be all like "Oh yeah, I agreed with Friday's post," and someone else would be like "Are you crazy? It didn't even make sense!" and they'd be talking about two different things and not know it.

I was lying awake last night (if that's the correct lie/lay thing, I can never remember) pondering the difference between "O" and "Oh" and I came to the conclusion that it's "oh" when it's an exclamation or thought expressed (Oh my, what a funny-looking baby) but "o" when you're using it as a form of address (O postal carrier, what did I do to deserve this bill?) and it took my sleep-fogged brain about 45 minutes to come up with that, and when I woke up this morning I realized that I already knew that. Goes to show that those people who think up clever things in the middle of the night are made of sterner stuff than I.

No comments: