Sunday, March 15, 2009

Google gets shiny

How did I not know about this? Google Chrome? I just saw it the other night and downloaded it (obviously) and I'm so proud of them. I knew they were going to come out with their own internet type thing any minute now. But I'm just surprised that it was now and I hadn't heard about it.

Actually, I haven't been reading my Google Friends newsletters recently, because I've been busy and lazy (not to mention my general apathy towards technology) so I suppose it makes sense that I missed it. And apparently it's been out since September? Have I been asleep these long months? Long rant short, I was able to download it on Friday, and so now our computer has Google Chrome.

I haven't decided yet how I feel about it. It has a lot of good features (like the homepage having the most frequented sites and all, that's cool) but I don't like their history deleting system (can't selectively delete like in Firefox) and the fact that I had to change my options to have a little home button was a little weird. I use the home button all the time, because my homepage is Google, and, well, I use Google all the time. But in general, I'm proud of Google.

Oh! I seriously love the thing where the web address bar doubles as a Google search bar. I guess that's why I didn't really need my "home" button after all!

Of course, now we have three internet options on our computer, Microsoft, Firefox, and Chrome. So one of these days I foresee somebody in my family getting tired of it all and deleting two of them. So long as Firefox doesn't go. And Chrome. So IE can go.

Sorry, Mr. Gates.

No comments: