Tuesday, February 2, 2010

You raise me UP

So maybe this is lame, but I happened to see "Up" the Disney/Pixar movie, not that long ago, and I just want to go on record as saying that I mostly loved it.

I hadn't heard very good things about it, I'd heard that it was too scary, and that there wasn't enough talking. Huh. Well, by the time I was ten minutes into the movie, I was bawling my eyes out. There were times I thought it got too scary for children, but this is why children shouldn't see movies like this. Small children should still be watching "Tinker Bell's Big Day at the Zoo" or something like that. But, back to Up.

I thought the story was one of the best in terms of emotional plots from a kid's movie I'd seen in a while. Carl and Ellie's story was one of the best I'd seen in terms of married cartoons. Seriously.

I could wax on and on about the merits and demerits of this movie, but I'll spare you all. Suffice it to say that I found yet another movie I approved of. Good work, Pixar.

1 comment:

Firefly said...

Oh yay! I am so with you on that!