Friday, January 29, 2010

How delightful

Our family is reading in 2 Samuel during morning readings, and I loved a verse in chapter 22, verse 21 says something about how the Lord delivered David because He "delighted in him." Isn't that the coolest thing ever? I think it's awesome that David could say with such assurance, "Y'know what? The Lord delights in me."

I think verses about delight are cool in the Bible. I was just memorizing this verse from Isaiah the other day, and it said to let your soul delight itself in fatness. I thought it was pretty amusing, but nobody else did, I don't know why.

But verses about delight are such fun to read, for some reason. I love reading about people in whose delight is in the law of the Lord, and how the Lord delights in His saints, et cetera. I think I just like to hear the word "delight." But just think: we delight in what the Lord has given us, and He delights right back at us.

Enough to keep one smiling till the rapture, don't you think?

No comments: