Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Contented

I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. ~Paul

That Paul was an amazing fellow. Content in every situation? That's some seriously amazing stuff. There are a lot of things that make me content, of course, like freshly-fallen snow, or seeing people read books, or my room being tidy, or watching old people who still love each other, but I'm the first to admit that I'm a long way away from being content in every situation.

My brother and I were discussing last night about whether or not it's possible for a Christian to be perfect. I think yes, he thinks no. The Lord gave us a new life, and it we let the flesh talk us into sinning, then it's our fault. I think we should be able to live our life as the Lord intended us to. Not because we're perfect people (we've already sinned, so it's not like it would change that), but because we're changed. Changed for most situations means a different colour of paint, or less time in the principle's office. Changed for a Christian means entirely, %100 different. That's huge.

So maybe I should take my own thoughts to heart and take a look at what makes me discontent and change my feelings on the matter. After all, if Paul, who was beaten and stoned and eventually killed could be content in all situations, than who am I, with my roof over my head, the coziest bed on planet earth, and a family never far away to be discontent in any situation?

Put that way, there's really not much left to say, is there?

2 comments:

Rena' said...

I wanted you to know I have been enjoying keeping up with your blog. Thomas Nelson has something you might be interesting to you, I recently joined. You sign up and they send you free books that you choose. All you have to do is post a review on your blog and a public company site like Wal-mart, Barnes etc. Check it out. http://booksneeze.com/#frombrb

Little Jo Sleep said...

Wow, that sounds great! I'll have to look into that, thanks for the heads-up!