Monday, January 18, 2010

An earthly home

I'm pretty sure that most young girls (maybe not most, but some, be among them) know that sure, earthly things are only temporal, but wouldn't it be fun to have your own house to decorate with these swell most-and-rust-will-certainly-corrupt type objects? But moth-and-rust aside, honestly, it's a fun thought.


I'm not saying it's really that fun when it comes down to it, of course, especially since most newly married young ladies tend not to have an overabundance of money to spread around for useless things like fun-shaped bookcases and turquoise spatulas, but the idea is a fun one. For instance, I've always wanted walls painted with that chalk-board paint, or maybe the dry-erase paint, so you could just write all over your walls. Wouldn't that be so awesome for a kid's room? Terribly messy on the carpet if you went the chalk route, but overall worth it, perhaps.

Sometimes I wonder what life must be like for people who aren't expecting the rapture. It's not that I avoid life down on earth in deference to the rapture (I have a job. In insurance. 'Nuff said.), but it's something that crosses most of my thoughts.

For instance, my parents are going away this weekend, Lord willing. Half of that Lord willing is acknowledging that something could happen to them or their car and they might not go, but half of it is simply acknowledging that the Lord could come, um, now. I love pondering that!

So if the Lord doesn't come, and I marry a rich-type guy, stop by my house... who knows? Maybe I'll have sweet-looking bookcases everywhere!

No comments: