Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Satisfaction

In general, I don't think of myself as dissatisfied. Honestly, in general, I'm pretty willing to go at least part of the extra mile, and I was raised to be content with such things as I have.

As such, I don't know when too much is genuinely too much. For instance, if a person hypothetically decided that their job was crazy, and thought it was time to move on, would that appear as being discontent with the job they had? And if this person decided that really, they'd rather be doing something else, would that be viewed as being a quitter? This person wasn't raised to quit when the going got tough, but I think this hypothetical person was also raised to realize that if something is insane, it's OK to bow out.

Food for thought. You know, for no reason.

Though I will admit, someone made a comment to me a few weeks ago that sort of changed the way I look at my work. I said that I was pretty much just a glorified secretary and this person said that that was great, and told me that I was a servant of the Lord cleverly disguised as a secretary.

So true, so true.

But I can serve Him anywhere, is what I'm thinking, and does it have to be at this exact job?

1 comment:

Firefly said...

No, no it doesn't. Sometimes, and I'm not saying this IS what is happening with you, but sometimes I think God gives us those feelings when it is time to move on.
It's not quitting. Sometimes staying in one place forever could be cinsidered quitting.
Not that I'm giving you advice or whatever.