Wednesday, November 17, 2010

12.5

Apparently if you spend just 12.5 minutes a day reading the Bible, you'll be done in a year. It's a new, mathematical twist on the old three-chapters-a-day, five-on-Sunday story, but I find it an interesting bit of trivia. That is based on the fact that reading the Bible takes but 76 hours straight through, which seems to me like using generic information. Not everybody reads at the same rate.

Something to keep in mind on those nights when I'd rather slack off.

Not to mention, if I can devote half an hour or more to read some chapters of my latest novel, wouldn't you think I could devote half an hour (or more!) to reading the Word? To spending time in prayer? Yeah, that's what I thought, too. One of my friends and I were talking about this last night, and it really was strange to add up all the time we spend doing other things compared to reading the Bible and spending time in prayer.

Food for thought.

1 comment:

Rena' said...

Isn't it just embarrassing...I am amazed how much time I spend talking about how much more I need to read the Bible.