Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Sunshine

I love the sunshine. Driving to work this morning I got a little foretaste of what winter is going to be looking like in a bit, and, as sad as I was about winter (bad drivers, huzzah!), I loved the look of the day. The trees had just enough frost on them to look "fuzzy," and the sun was having a hard time coming up (I feel his pain. I hate waking up, too) and everything was misty, moisty, and magical.

There's just something about looking at a misty valley (well, OK, it's not exactly a valley, but there is a distinct valley-like thing near this airport I pass on my way to work) and reveling in the fact that it's by the breath of God that frost is given.

Oh, and I'm reading Job right now. That always makes me love the weather just a little bit more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree. And I like the word "moisty". ;) And yes, I realize most of my comments are irrelevant. Haha, speaking of, that made me think of this... http://www.scodal.com/uploads2/irrelephant.jpg

Little Jo Sleep said...

That was a beautiful clip. I laughed. Muchly. And the word "moisty" is from that poem, the one about the misty, moisty, morning. Something about an old man. I forget.