Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I press towards the mark

I have a birthday coming upon me fairly quickly, and for some reason, I've decided that this year I am going to set goals for myself, and I am going to accomplish them. I can do all things through Christ Which strengtheneth me, is my logic, so why not accomplish a few things using said strength?

So I sat down with some paper and a trusty black pen, and started to make a list of my goals. It was odd, though, I've never done anything like this before. I don't even make new year's resolutions--if I want to change something in my life, I'm not waiting for a new year to do it, that's for sure. So anyhow, I couldn't decide if maybe I should have guidelines for how specific my goals should be, or just do whatever. So I've got a rather odd combination of specific and vague items.

So this year, Lord willing, I will sew a thing. That's right, in the next twelve months I will have done a project that required sewing. That was one of my less specific ones, I have to admit.

Also, I'll read at least one ministry book a month. Lord Willing. And I'll throw away things from my bedroom at least once a month.

The list goes on, but it includes such things as reading Newberry medal books, passing out tracts (this is for more than once a month, I promise), doing word studies (Oh, Strongs), actually writing in my journal, calling friends I don't normally call, becoming friends with a specific person, scrapbooking, things like that. I was just telling Brother J that I didn't stand much of a chance, accomplishing this, and he looked solomly at me and said, "But when you make a covenant with God..." and then I felt convicted into properly accomplishing all that I have agreed upon.

So, with Christ I can do all. Take that, flesh.

No comments: