Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Memory days

Today, my brother would have been 23 years old. I can hardly believe that so many birthdays have come and gone since he passed away. I must admit to not having felt very melancholy about it today--it was just another day for me. But even as I have days that are just like all the rest, I have in the back of my mind that I had a brother, but no longer. Well, I still have a brother, but not this exact one.

I can't really think of what else to add. Other than that the odd mix of emotions that I stir up by thinking about it are always confusing to me. Sometimes it irritates me that I've moved on as completely as I have, and other times it irritates me that it still makes me sad. The passage of six+ years is by no means a reason for me to stop caring or thinking about it, but there are so many other problems to consider other than the death of my brother that it's odd to me that I still dwell on it at all. But, I figure that if I feel like being sad, then I will, and that's that.

But today wasn't such a day. Today was a day where I was thankful for the memories I have of us, and the memories I'm making with the rest of my family these days.

The Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the Name of the Lord.

No comments: