Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Where the heart is

I recently had another birthday, and now, apparently, people think it's high time for me to fly the coop. When I say "people" I mostly mean my group of people at the Y where I always hang out. They find it surprising that A) I still want to live at home and B) that my parents still want me. But I honestly can't imagine just moving out for the sake of it. My family keeps me grounded, and in touch with reality, and I tell you what, I won't find meals or Bible readings as cool as we have it at home!

Last night I was joking around with my parents about them trying to marry me off (we have this whole arranged-marriage thing that nobody finds funny but us), and my mom was saying that they'll keep me for as long as they can. It made me rather cheerful.

And so this morning, as I was going around the breakfast table on my way out to work (I say good-bye to my bother, remind him of what time I'll pick him up from school, kiss my dad, my mom, and then my little sister, and then my mom follows me outside to wave me off. It's quite the process), I was just thankful for my family. They're the best.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really, the best part of this post was that you wrote "bother" for "brother". I mean, aren't they pretty synonymous anyway? ;) How fitting!

Rena' said...

That was nice. I like to hear people talking about how much they love their parents and siblings. So your younger brother and sister are not homeschooled?

Little Jo Sleep said...

Ah, Rachel, thanks for pointing that out. I didn't even catch that. =)

And my brother is doing that jump-start college thing, where you have free college if you start while still in high school. It's a good deal. So he's at college all day, and I'm at work, but my both he and my little sister are still homeschooled.