Monday, March 26, 2012

I've flown the coupe, or some other lame title




Sometimes I'm kind of a nerd.  I don't just mean that I like to safely eject my flash drive from the computer, or that I love making lists about any and everything, or my blind devotion to Google, but sometimes I like car-related things.  I don't think that's the correct definition of nerd, but it's one of those things where I don't remember what people who taking a passing interest in cars are called.

So anyhow, for reasons unknown, I've always really liked Nissan.  One year my brother gave me a birthday card with a picture of the 350Z because he knew how well I liked Nissan (haha, shows you how long ago that was!  They don't even make the 350Z any longer!)  Still have that card.  So anyhow, imagine my surprise when I saw the Altima Coupe and hardly even recognized the thing!  I was at my sister's and we were driving to, well, somewhere, I don't even recall where, and suddenly I saw a two-door Altima and was just confused.  I sort of blurted something unintelligible about what the Altima was doing with only two doors? and everybody potentially thought I was insane.  Not like I blame them.  But anyhow, isn't it pretty?  I think so.

I just want to specify that I really know nothing about cars.  I just happened to see another Altima Coupe and remember afresh my shame at not having noticed this in the past four years since it came out.  How had I never seen one before?  What is wrong with me?

In other news, I was at a stoplight last week sitting behind the VW Eos, and... I sort of loved the tail lights.  Seriously, it's like the car had personality.  Loved.

Anyhow, I'm done talking about cars for like... a year.  Possibly two.  Thank you for your kind attention as I got all of this said.  Although, come to think of it, I do have quite a bit I could say about pickup trucks.  My dad has always said that he could see me driving a pickup, and while I agree, I rarely agree with his choices of pickups.  Anyhow, I don't even remember why I started talking about cars.  Oh, yeah.  Altima.  Two doors.  Shame.

I'm actually done this time.

1 comment:

Chasms Lady said...

Haha! Chasm would be thrilled if I could even tell the difference between different makes of cars (what's a Nissan, again? Oh, the car that was blue?) I Certainly don't notice what model they are, and CERTAINLY don't notice when they get changed up!!