Friday, March 9, 2012

Remember me?

So... I've been avoiding this blog for a while.  I went on a trip in December, and then in January I was busy literally all the time, and then in February, well, I was gone all month, and now that it's March I kept thinking that I should update this, but then I thought, well, it's not vital, besides, I have nothing to say, and so finally I put it on my to-do list.  I love to-do lists, and I hate to have items unfinished.  So, apparently, I should have put it on my to-do list long ago.  Perhaps you would have heard from me sooner.

Back to the trips I took.  One might think, me being a reasonably smart girl, I would have brought my camera with me on my various trips.  You would be correct.  One might assume, being that I went to (I think) 21 states and one Canadian province, that I might have actually used my camera.

In that, my friends, you would be wrong.  I took some pictures in Texas.  And... that was all.  And the only reason I took pictures in Texas was because I saw a sign stating that the area was under CCTV surveillance.  Anyone who has been to England will laugh, because if there's one thing England knows how to do, it's now to surveil its people.  True story.  The average Briton, they say, it photographed 300 times a day.  You'd believe it, if you saw how many camera they have over there.

Anyhow, all that to say, I laughed, and had to take a picture of the sign.  Some random rest stop in Texas is allowed to keep tabs on me, I don't care, but I thought it was a good timey throwback to days in England.

Anyhow, other than that, I have no interesting pictures to share.  Oh, except I did take a picture of some art of Texas at the same rest stop, simply because I was, you know, taking pictures.  So please, accept this last picture of Texas and accept my apology for not updating this for the past three months or so.



1 comment:

The Chatty Housewife said...

Welcome home (to your blog), you have been missed!