Friday, March 16, 2012

Things I learned in 2011

I made this list sort of a while ago.  You know, back when 2012 was pretty new and exciting.  But since I recently started blogging again, I thought it might behoove me to dig up the list and share.  Before I begin, allow me to say that these might not be things I learned for the first time, but they sort of presented themselves to me again.  So, without further ado, a list in no order.

1)  People can use scripture to back up anything they want.
2)  There are an astounding number of people who don't know how to properly say Jobs.  As in, Steve.
3)  Miracles do happen.
4)  Friendships that are supposed to last for a long time sometimes don't.
5)  Which is a good reminder that good friendships are awesome.  Also, worth keeping around.
6)  I should never pretend to know what I'm talking about.
7)  You can say Occupy for anything.  I heard of more Occupy Movements in 2011 than I could possibly keep track of!
8)  It's funny.  We don't always want the things we think we do.
9)  I'm still fairly awful at spelling.
10)I like yellow cake better than chocolate cake.

Anyhow, like I said, a random assortment.  Most of those things have stories behind them, but most of the stories are probably better left untold.  So.  Welcome, 2012.  Only 76 days into it and I'm finally wrapping up with 2011.  Not bad, not bad.

2 comments:

Firefly said...

I don't know why, but it is a comfort to me to know that you also can not spell.
Also, I like your list. I'm going to copy you if that's ok.

Little Jo Sleep said...

More than okay! I myself was rather pleased with the idea. : ) I was sitting in the back of the car one night thinking, "is there any way to commemorate the year?" Ergo, the list.