Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Of buckets and lists

I don't really have a bucket list. Mind you, when one of my friends from LA was last at my house, and we stayed up until about 3:00 am simply because we didn't want the fun to end, we sort of came up with a bucket list. It went along the lines of, "And then we're going to go see Disney on Ice, and then HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA we're going to learn to skate it and pretend that we can actually skate and  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I don't even know!!!! It'll be hilarious!!!!!!" and then basically we made up a bunch of stuff about doing shows on ice because we are both not the best of ice skaters. I think that's why we were talking about it, anyhow. Honestly, I don't even remember.  Anything that happens after about 11:00 pm isn't exactly going to stick too well in my head.

But I do sort of have things in mind that I'd kind of be super excited about, should they ever for some reason come to pass. Isn't that what Bucket Lists are all about? Stuff you've always wanted to do? My actual bucket list, were I to make one, would be fairly simple.  Besides learning to knit (how have I still never learned to knit? I learned how to crochet, and knitting seemed way harder, so I didn't even try. One day I shall), and having a passport with stamps on every page (how AWESOME would that be?) I'd also like to *dun dun dun* ride in a blimp.

I've taken a lot of forms of transportation--bus, train, plane, subway, water taxi, etc.--but they've all been kind of regular-type. I want to ride in a blimp. I've heard it's kind of boring, but hey, I'm a boring person. And that's okay. But seriously, even more than a hot air balloon (also never been up in one), I would choose a blimp. So if I ever get cancer or something, and they confuse me for a child and let me do the Make-a-Wish thing, now you all know what I'd wish for. A blimp ride. Just because it sounds pretty swell.


Oh, and that blue house contains those neighbors you're supposed to be praying for.

I got to thinking about this the other night when a blimp flew over our house. We get a lot of blimps--hullo, Goodyear--but not usually directly over our back porch. We were sitting at supper and it approached and we were like hey hey, a blimp. And then it flew right over us, and we acted like tourists who'd never seen blimps before, instead of a family who has had blimps flying by for years. So I snapped a few photos and I'm sorry to say that there's no way to capture the size of the things. I mean seriously, blimps are gianty creatures. In the photos they look small here, but trust me, they are big.

It was getting a bit dark, so it's not the best picture ever.  Also, it's so large that when it flies over your head you don't really have a lot of options as far as swell photo-taking goes.


Anyhow, if any of you know someone who can hook me up with a ride in a blimp, please let me know. Thanks. : )

PS, I'm not discontent with such things as I don't have, but I just sometimes like to potentially dream about adventures I may or may not have down the road.  But please, don't think I'm being snobbish or something, just because I think a blimp would be a cool way to travel.

1 comment:

Firefly said...

I can knit, but crocheting seems super hard to me. We should attempt to teach each other one day.