Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Theou

I'm the most mixed-up pray-er ever, I think. Not in terms of to Whom I am praying, don't get me wrong, but in terms of how I refer to Him. I've recently tried to evaluate my prayers, because I noticed that I switch back and forth between Thee and You a lot. My prayers are jumbled masses of words, though, and it's difficult to tell what I'm really saying. I think I've decided that I tend to begin my prayers in Thee form, and switch to You partway through my prayer. I'm not sure why this is so, though.

When I sing songs, I find myself automatically switching all the Yous to Thees. I sing, "Lord, we lift Thy name on high, Lord, we love to sing Thy praises." Everyone else around me sings "Your name on high" so it gets as confusing as when I slip Thees into As the Deer. Most of the people around are singing "so my soul longeth after You" and there I am, forgetting to be a team player, singing Thee.

Which I guess isn't a big deal, and I'm not sure why I thought it was enough of a point of interest to waste time talking about, but I was thinking about it the other day, and, well, this blog is my thoughts in print. Well, some thoughts. I don't go public with most of what I think, actually. So consider yourself blessed to be able to read even this tiny little bit of my life.

No comments: