Thursday, November 5, 2009

What am I thinking?

I mentioned that I was doing NaNoWriMo this year, right? Well, I commented to my brother the other day (back in October) that I was interested to see how I'd do with my full-time job plus trying to write a 50,000-word novel. Well, I'm sure you'll be pleased to know that... it's tough. I leave my house before 8:00 AM, and don't get home until after 5:30, at which time I skip straight to supper, and with all of our extra evening events, I'm not usually free to reach the computer until at least 7:00 PM, and usually later (those nasty dishes, goodness).

Plus, I'm still trying to get used to the job, so I'm needing as much sleep as I can get. Which means I'm just not tempted to stay up until all hours of the night writing words I know I'll be disgusted in as soon as the month is over. But, I said I'd do my best, so I will. Also, I've given several friends a hard time for electing not to do NaNoWriMo this year, so I think it's only fair that I prove that it can be done. And even if it can't be done, an attempt can be made. There's no sense in deciding before you begin something that it's too hard to do.

Then again, that's what I say now. We'll see what happens as the month drags on!

No comments: