Thursday, April 15, 2010

How's my driving?

I saw a sign in front of a church on a busy road the other day that read, "How would Jesus drive?" Not quite as catchy as the "And you think this is hot?" or "We may not be Dairy Queen, but we sure do have good Sundays!" but I thought it had a good point--my driving is reflecting the fact that I belong to the Lord.

I know there are those age old questions, "What would Jesus drive," "What would Jesus wear," "What would Jesus eat," "How would Jesus do taxes," that sort of thing, but I like that this sort of brings it down not to just the dos and don't, but to the actual actions of the matter. When I'm topping 70 in the 55-zone (this is in miles per hour, in case you Canadians were thinking I drive terribly sluggishly), am I really acting in a manner that a child of Christ should? When I cut off that guy because he was hogging the left lane and I really wanted in, was that acting in a gracious manner? I'm thinking.... not.

And I know, I know, if I'm convicted, why do I still speed? Uh, good question. Truthfully, it's something that convicts me every once in a while and then slowly my conviction wears down and I'm that annoying lady trying to get into the left lane.

The verse "be not conformed to this world" keeps popping into my head right now. I wonder why that is! =)

No comments: