Monday, April 5, 2010

We See Jesus

This past weekend (Easter, good times), there was a lot of talk about making Jesus the focus of our lives. And I needed that. It's so easy it get bogged down in the little things of life, and even easy to get bogged down in the small details of what this particular verse or doctrine might really mean. But you know what? We see Jesus.

He's the Author and Finisher of our faith. The One Who upholdeth all things with His power. The First, Last, Beginning, and the End. There's no variableness or shadow of dwelling in Him, He never changes.

When we stop to realize that, it puts things into perspective. The focus should be on Him, and Him alone. If I remember nothing else for the entirety of today, I still will have been encouraged, because I can remember the simple verse from Hebrews.

But we see Jesus.

3 comments:

maggie87 said...

I wish there were an "I like" button like on Facebook, haha. That was the first thing I thought when I read this. Well said, Rabbi. er... :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this! It was encouraging to my heart. Soon soon soon.

Little Jo Sleep said...

Soon, soon, SOON!!